Fremont Hospital offers a licensed, geriatric unit that serves the needs of older individuals with acute psychiatric illnesses. The facility provides multi-disciplinary services for voluntary and involuntary patients.
Redwoods at Fremont Hospital focuses on the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of mental and emotional disorders in senior adults, while recognizing the biological and psycho-social aspects of normal aging. We provide psychiatric evaluation, stabilization and medication management for our patients, along with a variety of therapeutic programs and services. Our goal is to enable our patients to successfully return to their families and communities.
- A daily treatment schedule that provides therapeutic and purposeful activities to promote safety, stabilization,
psychosocial and medical interventions that result in discharge to a less intensive level of care.
- Assistance with discharge planning, community resources, psycho-education, group therapy, and post discharge follow up, all provided by our social workers.
- Geriatric adults with a primary psychiatric diagnosis requiring acute inpatient treatment.
- Medical clearance (typically provided by their local hospital ER).
- Involuntary patients must be on a legal hold.
- Be able to participate in our treatment program.
- Can be referred by self, family, physicians, hospitals, assisted living facilities or nursing homes.
When making a referral, please include the following documentation:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medical clearance
- Labs: CBC, CMP, Urinalysis/Toxicology
- List of current medications
- 5150 or legal hold documentation if applicable
Geriatric Behavioral Health Services are covered by Medicare and most private insurers. We will bill insurance for services and obtain prior authorization so there are no unanticipated costs or surprises.