Fremont’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is an alternative to hospitalization that is designed to stabilize adults who are experiencing crises. PHP is as intense as the Adult Inpatient Program, but patients do not have to stay in the hospital overnight.
The program is for people who have a primary psychiatric diagnosis and are in need of support and structure, but not 24-hour supervision.
PHP patients live at home and participate in treatment six hours a day, 5 days a week. Treatment concludes when the immediate problem is resolved or stabilized. Patients can be enrolled directly or may be transitioned into PHP from a hospital setting.
Patients of the PHP Program receive:
- Treatment for chemical dependence as well as psychiatric diagnosis when necessary
- Weekly psychiatric oversight and supervision
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Tutorial school classes
- Less expensive care than full-time hospitalization
- Option to participate in specialty programs
The program is Monday-Friday (9:00am-3:00pm)