What should I bring to the hospital?
Limit your clothing to what you will need in the course of a one-week stay. Comfortable, casual clothing is highly recommended.
- Four to five changes of casual clothing without drawstrings. For women, casual pants or jeans with comfortable tops. For men, casual pants or jeans with casual shirts. Please note that offensive or inappropriate logos will not be allowed. Laundry access is available and staff will assist you with your laundry. We also provide scrubs as needed.
- A supply of socks and underwear that will last you between four to five days. Please do not bring tube socks or leggings. We also provide non-skid socks as needed.
- Bring one pair of comfortable shoes and/or slippers without shoelaces.
- A sweater or light jacket without drawstrings as there will be opportunity to be outside for activities and breaks in the courtyard.
- Toiletries (no glass or aluminum containers, no mirrors, no product with any alcohol content, no flat iron, curling irons, blow-dryer, comb, brush, razors or rechargeable electric razor. The hospital can also provide toiletries, if needed)
- Medication(s): Please bring all your medication(s); provide a list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medication(s) including dosages and frequency. Fremont Hospital will provide medication(s) on our formulary only. This may not include medications prescribed for certain medical conditions.
- Phone Numbers: Bring a list of important phone numbers as you will not have immediate access to a cell phone while you’re in treatment. Phone calls may be made and/or received on facility-provided phones for up to 10 minutes during free time.
Please leave these items at home:
- Do not bring jewelry, money or other valuables. Money is not needed, but patients are permitted to keep up to $20.
- Your own pillow, sheets, blanket or stuffed animal – in order to control for infections. We will supply all the linens and pillows you need during your stay.
- Any clothing with drawstrings is prohibited: sweatpants, running shorts, hoodies, pajamas, shoes with shoe strings, string jewelry or watches, etc. Belts are also not allowed on pants.
- Electronic devices such as MP3 players, tablets, laptop computers, radios, cell phones, alarm clocks or other items with a cord.
- Food and drinks from outside of the hospital. You will be provided with snacks in addition to regular meals. Outside food can be part of ordered by your doctor.
- All of a patient’s belongings will be searched by our staff member and recorded on a Patient Property Inventory. This list of his/her belongings will be reviewed with the patient and the patient will need to sign this form. Fremont Hospital is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles listed under the “Items retained by the patient” section of the form.