Fremont Hospital Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is designed as an alternative to inpatient hospitalization. Adolescents may be admitted directly to PHP or stepped down from higher level of care.
Our PHP offers the intensity of an inpatient program without having to stay in a hospital. It provides a vital alternative for those who do not require inpatient treatment, need intensive follow-up after inpatient stay, or lack enough support at home to be successful as an outpatient. PHP facilitates the transition from inpatient to home by offering on-campus day treatment in a comfortable setting.
Treatment consists of individual, group and family therapy, educational groups and psychiatric oversight provided in a structured environment to assist patients in achieving their goals for recovery.
Partial Hospitalization may be an appropriate program for your adolescent if they are experiencing any of the following warning signs:
- Isolation at home or school
- Irritability or impulsiveness
- Changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Loss of interest in school or favorite activities
- Drop in grades or deterioration of behavior in school
Specific Features of the Program Include:
- An on-campus program providing acute, structured, and short term treatment during the day
- Close psychiatric monitoring by a child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Group therapy, skills training and psycho-educational groups
- Weekly family meetings and education support groups
- Education in licensed on-site classroom
- Multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals including master’s level clinicians, allied therapist, certified special education teacher led by a psychiatrist
- Discharge planning to ensure the child or adolescent succeeds after leaving the program
The program is Monday-Friday (9:00am-3:00pm)