Fremont’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is an alternative to hospitalization that is designed to stabilize adults who are experiencing crises. The program is for adults who have a primary psychiatric diagnosis and are in need of support and structure, but not 24-hour supervision. PHP patients live at home and participate in treatment six hours a day, five days a week.
Treatment concludes when the problem is resolved or stabilized. As part of our continuum of care, Fremont Hospital allows for a step down to intensive outpatient programming that drops to a three-hour daily commitment. Patients can be enrolled directly or may be transitioned into PHP from a hospital setting.
Patients of the PHP Program receive:
- Treatment for chemical dependence and a psychiatric diagnosis
- Weekly psychiatric oversight and supervision
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Tutorial school classes
- Less expensive care than full-time hospitalization
- Option to participate in specialty programs
The program is Monday-Friday (9:00am-3:00pm)